ORGANIZATIONAL OBJECTIVE 2:
Identify improved roadway clearance strategies for lane-blocking freeway incidents.
The objectives of this example are to illustrate:
- Use of RCT performance measure.
- Application of the model TIM performance measurement database to analyze RCT for lane-blocking freeway incidents.
- How to drill down into the data for a more fine-tuned analysis of RCT by number of lanes blocked.
- Selection of performance targets for RCT overall and for different incident characteristics – specifically, number of lanes blocked.
- Visualization and interpretation of data.
As a result of the previous analyses, the Northville region TIM partners have set an objective to identify improved roadway clearance strategies for lane-blocking freeway incidents.